Scawab Opportunities Network (SON) has added Conference and Internship categories to its list of opportunities for Students and all. in 2011, the fully funded Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership.
This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning grounded in real-world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas.
Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
Fully Funded Global Change Leaders Program
The fully funded Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. Successful participants are responsible for costs pertaining to acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
Program participants benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders in Canada and from around the world. The program is led by a core team of faculty in the International Centre for Women’s Leadership and supported by other Coady faculty and associates.
Eligibility for the Global Change Leaders Program
Fully Funded Global Change Leaders Program aims women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women;
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the program to put their learning into practice;
- Likewise, have great drive and passion for their work demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;·
- Further, practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Also, hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral as well as written English language competencies.
How to apply for the Global Change Leaders Program?
In order to apply for the Fully Funded Global Change Leaders Program requires candidates to complete and submit the online application form. The candidates must fill the application form completely. In order to do so, candidates must provide personal information, as well as information regarding their organization. Likewise, the candidates must also provide the names of two referees. The referees will receive an email with links to submit their reference letters.
Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership accepts the application for the Global Change Leaders Program until November 22, 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are not eligible for the program.
|Open to||All Nationalities|
|Organizer||Coady Institute’s International Center for Women’s Leadership|
|Contact the email@example.com|