Scawab has created job category on our platform. We’ll be posting job opportunities as regularly as they are released. Here’s a great opportunity at the University of Melbourne, Australia
Position: Senior Metadata Officer at the Department of Student and Scholarly Services
The Senior Metadata Officer is responsible for the creation of bibliographic records and metadata for the library catalog, institutional repository or other metadata systems. Similarly, the position will also provide expert advice to colleagues on bibliographic, classification and metadata issues, and input on cataloging and metadata standards and policy.
- Provide original, complex copy cataloging and application of metadata for items in a variety of formats to allow effective retrieval
- Use different metadata schemas to provide records in different systems such as the catalog, the repository
- Provide authority control and database maintenance and correct errors in headings on a day to day basis
- Solve or assist colleagues to solve complex cataloging problems
- Assist in the development of in-house policies and procedures including the interpretation and application of international standards, such as RDA
- Classify library materials using various schemas (e.g. DDC, Moys, Boggs & Lewis and BCM)
- Undertake project work and coordinating others in project work, with assistance from team leader/manager
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrate COO values by acting in the best interest of your employer; displaying service excellence by striving to deliver beyond expectations and taking ownership of the delivery; and value working collaboratively, connecting with people and building relationships in your workplace
- Similarly, demonstrated experience in planning and organization for self-management of allocated operational and project task
- Clear evidence of a customer service orientation as well as an advanced understanding of the metadata scheme.
- Strong teamwork skills and experience and also the tenacity to persevere with difficult tasks and be results-oriented.
About the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is an Australian public research university in Melbourne, Victoria. It is the second oldest university in Australia whereas it is the oldest in the state of Victoria. In addition to that, this Sandstone University is a member of the Group of Eight, Universities 21 and also, a member of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities. The main campus of the university is located in Parkville, a suburb of Melbourne CBD. Besides, the University has four other campuses in metropolitan Melbourne at Burnley, Southbank, Hawthorn, and Werribee. Moreover, the University of Melbourne offers over 200 programs in the field of Science & Engineering, Law, Health and Nursing, Arts, Information Technology, and so on.
|Type of Opportunity||Academic Job|
|Company Name||The University of Melbourne|