PhD Scholarships in Germany:
- Applications Deadline: June 20, or November 20, 2018
- Course Level: This scholarship is available to PhD and Posdoc candidates to do research and teaching at a German university.PhD Scholarships in Germany.
- Study Subject: The aim of the Teach@Tübingen program is to give young international academics the opportunity to become familiar with research and teaching at a German university, and thereby to expand the amount of courses given in foreign languages at the University of Tübingen. For the teaching individuals it also offers chances to broaden research horizons and build professional ties.
- Scholarship Award: Funding consists of a monthly scholarship and remuneration for teaching which will be paid towards the end of the semester; furthermore travel costs are reimbursed.
PhD candidates EUR 1468/month
PostDocs EUR 1853/month
Remuneration for teaching (min. 2 SWS, max. 6 SWS)
PhD candidates EUR 25/teaching hour (SWS)
PostDocs EUR 50/teaching hour (SWS)
Travel expenses for travelling to Tübingen up to EUR 1000 (documented costs, no reimbursement of moving expenses or travel expenses of family members).
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
PhD Scholarships in Germany:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
PhD Scholarships in Germany.If you are a PhD candidate in at advanced stage of your doctoral studies, or a postdoc who has earned your PhD in the load 4 years preferably from strategically important partners of the University of Tuebingen , you are eligible for the Teach @ Tübingen scholarship program.
- Academic ties with the Professor with whom the candidate is placed are essential
- PhD Scholarships in Germany.Teaching
- Classes must be held for a minimum of 2 teaching hours/week (2 SWS)
- The classes offered are not allowed to replace basic teaching and should be designed to attract a large number of students.
- The classes offered must be made public and be open to all students.
- The classes offered must be held in English or another foreign language (philology).
- The candidate must attend an informative event and an intercultural training during the two weeks before teaching starts
English Language Requirements: The classes offered must be held in English or another foreign language (philology).
How to Apply: The application is submitted online via an application portal: https://www.antraege-zv.uni-tuebingen.de
You will need to upload two PDF documents:
- Letter of support from the hosting professor at the University of Tuebingen (max. 2 pages)
- Cover letter from the candidate stating his/her motivation for participating in the Teach@Tübingen program (max. 2 pages)
- CV (max. 2 pages)
- List of most important publications (max. 10, max. 1 page)
- Proven teaching experience (max. 1 page)
- Course(s) which will be taught in Tübingen including the title of the planned course(s), the type of class (lecture, seminar…), the number of teaching hours taught per week (SWS), and a short abstract on the contents of the planned course(s) (max. 1 page per course)
- Contents of proposed research (max. 1 page)
- 2 further reference letters
- PDF: Certificate of the candidate’s most recent university degree (Masters or PhD)