(ISC)² WOMEN’S CYBERSECURITY SCHOLARSHIPS
The Center for Cyber Safety and Education awards scholarships up to US$40,000 in the Women’s Scholarship category Scholarships 2018. The application period for the (ISC)² Women’s Scholarships will re-open on Feb. 15, 2019. Applications will be accepted for Graduate Scholarships are open to applications on Nov. 1, 2018 and Undergraduate Scholarships beginning January 1, 2019.
- Must be pursuing, or plan to pursue, a degree with a focus on cybersecurity or information assurance.”
- You may be a senior in high school, an undergraduate student, graduate or post graduate student to be eligible.”
- GPA must be at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or an analogous rank based on a comparable scale).
- You may be a citizen of any country (US citizenship not required).
- May be attending on campus or online.
- May be attending full time or part time
- May be attending in the US or Internationally
- You do not currently need to be enrolled, however no awards will be disbursed until the recipient is enrolled in a college or university.
- If awarded: the funds will be sent to the school with instructions that it be applied to tuition, fees and books.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Unofficial transcripts from your current (or most recent) educational institution. If awarded; no funds will be disbursed until official transcripts have been received.
- One Letter of Recommendation outlining the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What skills or abilities does the applicant have that will support him/her in completing a degree?
- What other information about the applicant should be taken into consideration?
- NOTE: Academic references are preferred; however, you may submit a professional letter of reference addressing the points above.
- Statement of Purpose outlining (no more than three pages and should be double spaced):
- Describe what makes you stand out from other applicants, and why you should be chosen to receive this Center for Cyber Safety and Education Scholarship.
- Describe why you need the scholarship.
- Describe your personal and education backgrounds.
- Describe why you chose your major and what makes you a candidate for success in information security.
- Describe your goals for your academic career and in your professional career.
- Describe hobbies or extracurricular activities and what they mean to you
Scoring Criteria Applicants will be scored by members of (ISC)² and scholarship sponsors (if applicable). Scoring will be based upon three categories:
- Financial Need
NOTE: Not all applicants will receive a scholarship. Scholarships are a one-time award and must be re-applied for each year in order to be considered for another scholarship. No Scholarship awards will be paid until July 2018.
All scholarships are administered by the Center for Cyber Safety and Education. scholarships 2018
How To Apply
You will need to submit an application for the Undergraduate or Graduate Scholarships in order to be considered for one of those awards, applications will NOT be automatically transferred. You will be able to import your application information and documents directly into the Undergraduate or Graduate application. Just click on the link for the appropriate scholarship and look for the import button on the top right of your dashboard.
Applications will close on April 15, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST
Award/No Award notifications will be emailed mid-June
Awards will be sent to schools in July 2019
Scholarships to inspire women to join the ever-growing field of Information Security