Scawab has opened up a category dedicated to Global Internships you can take advantage of. The application is now open for UX Research Intern at Facebook 2020. Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart.
Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
As a partner to product design teams, you should have strong communication skills, drawing on your experience with design to describe and sometimes mock-up suggestions in research reports.
While your main focus as a UX Researcher will be to investigate specific products and interfaces and work closely with product design teams, we also focus on larger usability and content issues across the site.
As a result, you should have a strong understanding of social media, good product instincts, a creative approach to research design, and a bold, entrepreneurial attitude.
What will UX Research Intern do at Facebook?
- Conduct user research on multiple Facebook products and experiences
- Collect and analyze user behavior data through a variety of channels, such as user testing, semi-formal interviews, observation, surveys, A/B testing and log analysis
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Product Management, and Engineering to incorporate user-centered research at all stages of the product cycle
- Proactively design studies intended to understand user behavior and attitudes
- Collaborate with Content Strategy to measure the impact of copy changes
- Study and analyze the user experience on the site through a wide variety of qualitative methods
- Recommend and run appropriate A/B tests (or other) to measure the impact of site changes
- Effectively communicate results and illustrate suggestions to product teams
Qualifications for UX Research Intern at Facebook
- In the process of obtaining a Master or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Applied Statistics, Political Science, Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Information Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Information Science, or similar
- Communication experience
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge in qualitative and/or quantitative research methods
- Similarly, experience in conducting UX research, experience conducting applied and/or product-related research
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
How to apply for Facebook intern?
All applicants apply online through Facebook’s website.